Are you driven by a strong purpose of creating real impact by adding new solar power to the grid?
Do you want to be a part of a purpose-driven team with a mission to help businesses save money with solar from day 1 and help accelerate the energy transition? If yes, then Alight could be a good fit for you!
You will be part of an entrepreneurial scale-up in a flat, coaching, and knowledge-driven culture with a high degree of autonomy and accountability. Through comprehensive onboarding and continuous training, you will play a key role in Alight’s Development team for Grid Connected projects, leading the development of new solar PV Plants and securing land access rights to the Ready-To-Build stage in Finland.
As a Development Manager, you will:
- Collaborate with DSOs to secure grid connections.
- Engage with local authorities and communities.
- Manage leases, permitting, and budgets.
- Assess sites for technical and financial viability.
- Lead project approvals and due diligence.
- Support cross-market development.
- Interface with stakeholders and teams.
- Oversee and coordinate external consultants specializing in various areas.hahaha
- Participate in joint projects with third-party developers to align deliverables with internal standards.
Main Interfaces in the role:
- Collaborate with landowners, grid utilities, and authorities to advance projects.
- Support the Finance and Sales teams in due diligence processes with investors and customers.
- Coordinate with the Construction team on plant design and project handovers.
- Support the Sales team in PPA marketing and deal closing as required.
- Development teams in other EU markets
We’re looking for you
To succeed in this role, we believe that you do not need to have experience from the energy sector but rather project management experience where you have worked in engineering consulting or other leading infrastructure projects before the RTB stage, we believe knowledge is transferable and we are more than keen to have people learn.
- You have 7 to 12 years of working experience as a project manager
- You have Bachelor's and Masters's degree
- You are fluent in English & Finnish, but the more languages the merrier!
- You have a drive to successfully inspire and challenge others
- You have strong analytical skills
- You are a team player who sees the intrinsic value in kind acts toward others
Experience working with permit applications, collaboration with municipalities, and/or environmental impact assessments.
What's in it for you
You will be part of an entrepreneurial scale-up in a flat, coaching, and knowledge-driven culture with a high degree of autonomy and accountability. Ever since we started, we've defined ourselves as a diverse company with global reach, which means that remote and flexible work is how we operate and our people are at the center of everything.
OTHER THINGS WE WANT YOU TO KNOW
- At Alight, we know the benefits that follow a diverse team, hence we’re looking broadly for talent!
- Our largest hubs are in Stockholm and Madrid, but our staff is spread across Europe, and our hybrid ways of working provide everyone with a fully flexible work setup
- We have a fun office vibe with regular team dinners, breakfasts and AWs, and sports activities. For example, we have a session with a running coach every Tuesday, and other ad hoc sports activities organized by employees, always paid for by the company
- Quarterly company events where we gather our remote team for a few days. This always includes some fun activities such as sailing, skiing etc.
- Flexible working hours and full flexibility to decide when to work remotely/at the office
Sounds like a fit? Apply today!
P.S. Curious about Alight? Feel free to explore our website and listen to some of our team members in this podcast!