Are you a finance professional with an extra fondness for accounting? Do you have a couple of years of experience in the field, and do you want to use your skills to accelerate the world’s transition to renewable energy sources?
Fantastic, welcome to Alight! We're an entrepreneurial scale-up driven by a strong purpose: to kick carbon off the grid by helping businesses save money with solar from day 1.
As a Accounting Specialist, you will be a part of our finance team (7 people, located in Madrid and Stockholm) and also work closely with other team members in our remote-first team (75 employees). This role is located in Madrid on a hybrid-remote basis.
As a Accounting Specialist within our team, you'll be crucial in ensuring our financial records are spot on. Your main responsibilities will involve handling day-to-day financial and accounting matters, supporting the broader financial activities of Alight, and taking care of employees' expenses. Additionally, you'll be ready to jump in for ad-hoc reports and support the Chief accountant and the CFO in special projects as needed.
Financial Records Management
- Maintain accurate accounting records
- Support day-to-day financial operations
- Drive daily bookkeeping activities
Maintain and reinforce Alight’s financial processes and procedures
- Ensure compliance with applicable national and international accounting standards
Reporting and Analysis
- Investigate and report on discrepancies or errors related to financial transactions
- Report on financial and accounting discrepancies
- Collect and review data for reports
Month-End and Year-End Support
- Assist with year-end and month-close process
- Support the annual audit process
- Maintain accurate reconciliations, including intercompany transactions
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices
- Review and approve expense reports
- Support the accounting process and keep organized records
We’re looking for you
To be a good fit for this role, we believe that you are a structured and organized person. You thrive in a role where you have the mandate and trust to take true ownership of your deliveries and enjoy working in an international setting with colleagues from all over the world.
Perhaps you're working in solar or renewable energy today, or you have experience on the agency/consultancy side. What matters to us is your attitude and eagerness to make a true impact on our entrepreneurial team, and your motivation to keep growing your expertise!
- At least three years of relevant work experience in accounting/auditing/finance, preferably from the solar or renewable energy industry
- Solid skills in the MS Office package, especially Excel
- Ability to work from our Madrid office (hybrid remote)
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English. Alight is an international company and our team is from all over the world
What's in it for you
You will be part of an entrepreneurial scale-up in a flat, coaching, and knowledge-driven culture with a high degree of autonomy and accountability. Ever since we started, we've defined ourselves as a diverse company with global reach, which means that remote and flexible work is how we operate and our people are at the center of everything.
OTHER THINGS WE WANT YOU TO KNOW
- At Alight, we know the benefits that follow a diverse team, hence we’re looking broadly for talent!
- Our largest hubs are in Stockholm and Madrid, but our staff is spread across Europe, and our hybrid ways of working provide everyone with a fully flexible work setup
- We have a fun office vibe with regular team dinners, breakfasts and AWs, and sports activities. For example, we have a session with a running coach every Tuesday, and other ad hoc sports activities organized by employees, always paid for by the company
- Quarterly company events where we gather our remote team for a few days. This always includes some fun activities such as sailing, skiing etc.
- Flexible working hours and full flexibility to decide when to work remotely/at the office
Sounds like a fit? Apply today!