Unleash the Power of Solar Grids!
Fantastic, welcome to Alight! We're an entrepreneurial scale-up driven by a strong purpose: to kick carbon off the grid by helping businesses save money with solar.
You will be part of an entrepreneurial scale-up in a flat, coaching and knowledge driven culture with a high degree of autonomy and accountability. Through comprehensive onboarding and continuous training, you will play a key role in Alight’s grid connected projects!
As a Grid Engineer, your mission is to provide essential technical support during the development, construction, and commissioning phases of Grid-Connected (GC) solar parks and Behind the Meter (BtM) solar projects. These projects encompass a wide range, from innovative carports to sprawling ground-mounted installations, and even rooftops. Your goal is to bring these projects to the 'Ready to Build' stage and ensure they smoothly transition to 'Commercial Operation' (COD). The target? Achieve a remarkable 500 MW of Ready-to-Build projects by the end of 2023, with 100 MW thriving in commercial operation.
KEY OBJECTIVES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead efforts to maximize the number of cost-effective grid connections, focusing on timely delivery.
- Engineer and deliver grid connections efficiently, reducing processing time.
- Identify suitable grid connection points through surveys and data analysis, advising site originators on strategic areas.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess grid connection agreements and provide technical insights.
- Guide the Sales team on BtM plant grid connections.
- Assist in project evaluations and provide preliminary designs for connection stations.
- Develop standardized grid connection solutions for cost and time efficiency.
- Manage and collaborate with external parties for grid studies and surveys.
- Work closely with DSOs and TSOs on technical aspects during grid connection construction.
- Manage contracts and oversee engineering studies to expedite grid connection works.
- Implement and maintain procedures for grid connection application and assessment.
- Review due diligence reports and ensure compliance with grid codes and power system standards.
- Support innovative energy storage contracting with the grid.
- Collaborate with DNOs, TSOs, Site Developers, and Site Originators.
- Work alongside Construction Project Managers, the Engineering Team, and the BtM Sales Team.
Ready to Drive Solar Grid Excellence? Join Us and Illuminate Your Career Today!
We’re looking for you
To be a good fit for this role, we believe that you have experience with with development and/or construction of high-voltage, medium-voltage and low-voltage designs.
Experience with Grid Connection Costs: Proficient in evaluating and analyzing the costs associated with grid connection. This includes conducting detailed engineering reviews provided by EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) companies or external consultancy firms.
Permitting Knowledge: Familiarity with permitting processes, although expertise is not mandatory. A foundational understanding of permitting requirements related to grid connections is beneficial for the role.
- At least 5 years of experience within electrical companies (grid) /renewables
- You have Bachelor and Masters degree
- You are based in Sweden
- You are open to travelling.
- Fluency in English & Swedish, as Alight is an international company and our team is from all over the world
What's in it for you
You will be part of an entrepreneurial scale-up in a flat, coaching, and knowledge-driven culture with a high degree of autonomy and accountability. Ever since we started, we've defined ourselves as a diverse company with global reach, which means that remote and flexible work is how we operate and our people are at the center of everything.
OTHER THINGS WE WANT YOU TO KNOW
- At Alight, we know the benefits that follow a diverse team, hence we’re looking broadly for talent!
- Our largest hubs are in Stockholm and Madrid, but our staff is spread across Europe, and our hybrid ways of working provide everyone with a fully flexible work setup
- We have a fun office vibe with regular team dinners, breakfasts and AWs, and sports activities. For example, we have a session with a running coach every Tuesday, and other ad hoc sports activities organized by employees, always paid for by the company
- Quarterly company events where we gather our remote team for a few days. This always includes some fun activities such as sailing, skiing etc.
- Flexible working hours and full flexibility to decide when to work remotely/at the office
Sounds like a fit? Apply today!