Are you a driven HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment) professional with experience in construction projects? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic role, with responsibilities spanning from on-site safety performance to developing the long-term HSE strategy?
Fantastic, welcome to Alight! We're an entrepreneurial scale-up driven by a strong purpose: to kick carbon off the grid by helping businesses save money with solar from day 1.
As one of Europe's largest solar independent power producers, we are not just building projects; we are shaping the future of sustainable energy solutions. This means that you will be at the forefront of innovation, ensuring our projects not only meet international HSE standards but exceed them. We can't wait to meet you!
This role can be performed on a remote basis from anywhere in Sweden, excluding site visits in Sweden and other European countries.
As our HSE Manager, your role is vital in ensuring occupational health and safety at our project sites across Europe, including Behind the Meter (often rooftop-based) and grid-connected projects.
Working closely with cross-functional teams, you will drive a culture of health and safety within our organization. You will make a real-time impact by visiting our sites during the construction and realization phase, ensuring that our EPC contractors and suppliers are upholding a standard of HSE excellence.
By making it your mission to ensure that we work with evidence-based methods to establish a robust HSE-First Culture, you will empower us to enhance safety performance in every community we touch.
KEY OBJECTIVES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure HSE regulatory compliance in various countries
- Develop a proactive and behavioral-focused HSE strategy
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Establish and lead incident response and investigation processes
- Lead incident response and root cause analysis; implement corrective actions
- Drive the charge in incident management, turning setbacks into growth opportunities
- Further cultivate our health and safety first culture across our global workforce
- Cultivate a culture of safety and sustainability within our workforce
- Support, train, and advise managers on HSE leadership behaviors and skills
- Deliver HSE training programs and coordinate Crisis Management Preparedness Training
- Collaborate with contractors, suppliers, and regulatory agencies; monitor project sites for HSE excellence
We’re looking for you
To excel in this role, we believe that you're an HSE professional with solid hands-on experience ensuring health and safety at construction sites. You enjoy collaborating with cross-functional project teams and feel confident challenging, educating, and coaching them on HSE excellence.
Most likely, you've encountered both successful and unsuccessful HSE strategies in the past, and you're eager to use that experience to develop a progressive HSE strategy that sets a new industry benchmark.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety, or a related field
- Extensive experience (8+ years) in HSE management in construction projects with a high-voltage component, preferably in renewable energy or a similar industry
- Hands-on experience working with on-site safety performance, preferably in close contact with agencies/contractors
- Certified in at least one relevant HSE discipline (such as NEBOSH, IOSH, BAS-P, and BAS-U certification for persons)
- In-depth knowledge of European HSE regulations and standards
- Strong communication skills in English
- Ability to travel within Sweden and the rest of Europe as needed
What's in it for you
You will be part of an entrepreneurial scale-up in a flat, coaching, and knowledge-driven culture with a high degree of autonomy and accountability. Ever since we started, we've defined ourselves as a diverse company with global reach, which means that remote and flexible work is how we operate and our people are at the center of everything.
OTHER THINGS WE WANT YOU TO KNOW
- At Alight, we know the benefits that follow a diverse team, hence we’re looking broadly for talent!
- Our largest hubs are in Stockholm and Madrid, but our staff is spread across Europe, and our hybrid ways of working provide everyone with a fully flexible work setup
- We have a fun office vibe with regular team dinners, breakfasts and AWs, and sports activities. For example, we have a session with a running coach every Tuesday, and other ad hoc sports activities organized by employees, always paid for by the company
- Quarterly company events where we gather our remote team for a few days. This always includes some fun activities such as sailing, skiing etc.
- Flexible working hours and full flexibility to decide when to work remotely/at the office
Sounds like a fit? Apply today!